Moist Carrot Cake
Source: www.sleeplessinkl.com *thanks mimi for sharing the recipe!*
• 4 eggs
• 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 cups carrots, grated coarsely
• 1 handful walnuts, chopped coarsely (quantity can be increased, to taste)
• 1 handful of raisins (or to taste – don’t put too much: it will make the cake too sweet) *cik ayu tak letak ni*
Ingredients for the frosting:
*cik ayu buat half the amount*
•1/2 cup butter, softened
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (1 box Philadelphia cream cheese or 1 tube of Tatura cream cheese)
• 2-4 cups confectioners’ sugar (TIP: start with 2 cups sugar; add sugar bit by bit if not sweet enough; 4 cups is too sweet for me; I usually use only 2)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 round pans & line sides and bottom of pan with baking paper. (I don’t like the taste of the flour, so I don’t grease & flour my baking tins anymore.)
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in carrots.
- Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
p/s: kek kat atas tu bakal jd santapan mereka2 kat opis esok.. org kata, kalau slalu jamu org murah rezeki =)